Followers

Friday 17 June 2011

Shabby Chic?...

Good morning, gosh 2 morning posts in 2 days!! This is so not like me LOL!!!
It's totally horrible here today, really wet and yucky, so different from yesterday.

Today's card is a bit out of my comfort zone again, tried the shabby chic look, not entirely convinced it worked but I'll share it anyway, please be gentle with me!


 I've used my First edition Bird song papers again, well I had just got them and I just had to use them!
I think I went a bit OTT with the white paint, but this was my first attempt at this style so next time I will know better.
I also distressed the seam binding with distress inks, it was just too plain without it.


I really like this Tilda image she's very sweet.


I've used woc flowers as usual.
The metal corner started life silver, I used picket fence crackle paint and walnut stain distress ink to make it shabby.
I've also used a teeny tiny bit of iridescent medium, just the smallest amount, honest!!



Well I'm off to get some Fathers day cards made, why am I always leaving things to the last minute?
Bet I'm not the only one though, am I?
!!LOL!!

Love and Hugs
Kat
xx

2 comments:

sara said...

afternoon kat
its a very shabby card !!!! (in the nicest possible way lol!!) love the colours and i dont think you went overboard with paint i love it !! love the seam binding bow as well fab card girlie !!
hugs sara x x x

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful card, I think it works perfectly! Just thinking about my father's day card too! You're not alone! x
Wendy x