Followers

Thursday 25 August 2011

Happy dancing Tilda,


Hi all, I'm still here!! Just trying to get back into my old routine as our schools are now back and so is nursery for Alex. Its amazing how 8 weeks holiday knocks you off balance and makes it difficult to get back into routines. I finally got round to making a card last night, which I made with the paper sundaes challenge in mind. Their challenge was to use at least 2 of the following toppings, Green, buttons, banners and/or twine. Well do I need any excuse to get out my banner die? No i think not lol!!
I used all the toppings as there is a tiny bit of green on the bunting and button. 
The card looks very bright in the pics, its not so bright IRL, I find bright pinks very hard to photograph! 






The card base started life as a square scalloped craftwork cards basic card. I knew I wanted to make this shape and have the bunting hanging across the top. So after much measuring, cutting, folding atc I managed to get it right and I, very happy they way it turned out. You can probably buy these card shapes somewhere but i like a challenge and anything that saves money is good in my book.

Card recipe;
Image - Dancing Party Tilda.
Papers -  MME Lost and found two Blush (gorge!!)
Flowers - WOC
Die - cheery lynne flourish
Heart charm, buttons, ribbon and bakers twine all The Ribbon Girl
bunting - Whimsy die

I would like to enter this into the following challenges,

Paper Sundaes - Sundae Bar,
MDUC - Flutterbys
The Paper shelter - die cuts and punches
 

11 comments:

sara said...

Wow kat your mojo is back with a vengeance !!!! This is gorgeous really really love it that bunting is fab I must have that die !! Lol such delish papers too would you believe j have just coloured an image to go with them too !!! great minds eh !! May as well say thank you for joining us at paper sundaes and mduc while I'm here !!
Big hugs sweetie sara x x x

Judie said...

Hi Kathleen,
Great card, love it.

Judie

Shari said...

This is AMAZING!! The time and commitment to making this stunning card must have kept you busy. Thank you so much for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Vicky said...

Ooooh Kat what a sweetie hun and loving your gorgeous bunting too..!

hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, my goodness what a beautiful card! Love the design of it and the colour combo. My daughter starts school a week tomorrow and, although I'm not sure about her starting school!, I will be glad to get my crafting time back. Sarah

Sharon said...

WOW Kathleen, your card is gorgeous! I love the step effect and those papers are so pretty! So many gorgeous embellishments too!

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Flutterbys Challenge.

Sharon x

Bron said...

YOur card is SUPER! I love the colour combo and all the elements of it. THanks for joining and sharing with us at MDUC this week, Hugs from Bron :D

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, I love all the detail that you put into it and I LOVE that banner die! Thanks so much for taking the time to play with us over at Paper Sundaes :)

Tracy Valure said...

Beautiful Blog Kat! So glad that you are now on the PS team! Congrats!! Love this card, the banner going across is a nice touch!
Tracy V

Frances said...

What a lovely card! Loved the coloring and your design. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. hugs, Frances.

Becky said...

oh wow this is just stunning, I really love your work..I am so glad I came across your blog.
Becky x