Followers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

A sparkly mermaid...

Hi everyone, well I have had one hell of a day, I was putting Maya into her buggy yesterday after collecting Alex from nursery and I felt something 'ping' in my lower back. Well do you think I could move this morning? eh noooo, I can sit for periods of time, but I cant stand for long and I have pain travelling down both my legs. I have problems with all my joints due to having hypermobility syndrome, which was diagnosed when I was 19, 18 montths into my nursing course!, had to give that up and Ive never really had any major problems, except when pregnant and last year when I dislocated my knee. So I am feeling pretty fed up and hope it wont last too long.
So anyhow the reason for this post is to apply for a guest DT posistion over at Saturated Canary Challenge. I mean its no secret how much I love Krista's work, I have been colouring in images for the past week and finally decided to use the mermaid one to make a card.
I would love to get on this gals design team even if it is just for 3 months, it would be a dream come true.
So heres my card, Im heading off to bed with some painkillers and to ask darling hubby to rub some ibuprofen gel onto my back.

Oh nearly forgot, Meghan got a Nikon D300 DSLR camera for her christmas, she is mad on photography and art in general so we are more than happy to encourage her. Well anyway, I was taking pics of my card and while going through them on the computor I came across an illustration she had drawn and coloured (with MY pens!!! lol) so I thought I would sneakily share it. Its at the end of my pics of card.





Entering into the following

Saturated canary - Guest DT  Call
Little darlings - fav color
Whimsical Wednesday - anything goes
Crafty sentiments - anything goes
I love promarkers - anything goes





Heres Meghans illustration, shhhhh dont tell her!





18 comments:

Debs said...

wowzers..check out that hair..awesome colouring chick and good luck with the guest call..oh and your daughter illustration if FAB-U-LOUS!!..hugs Debs x

Christine said...

What a gorgeous card, Kat! Good luck with the dt call!

I hope your back feels better in the morning, that sounds so painful.

Your daughter's illustration is fantastic, wow! She has a lot of talent!

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Sending huggy medicine.
Chris x

catherine said...

Sorry to hear you not feeling to good. I know pain can really drag you down. You have plenty of rest and hopefully will start to feel better. Your card is fab and love the colours. I think you have a budding young artist on your hands there. Colouring is fab
x catherine

catherine said...

Sorry to hear you not feeling to good. I know pain can really drag you down. You have plenty of rest and hopefully will start to feel better. Your card is fab and love the colours. I think you have a budding young artist on your hands there. Colouring is fab
x catherine

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, oh WOW, big WOW, capital letter WOW - my goodness that card is just amazing.

Your colouring is perfect - love the hair and the skin blends so well. That butterfly border is beautiful as well.

I think I would be gobsmacked if you don't get in, am cheering you on!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and hope hubby takes special care of you today!

Sarah

PS - Meghans illustration is wonderful, obviously artistic talent runs in your family!

sara said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous !!! fantastic colouring loving the hair once again !!!! massive amount of good luck in the dt call and if krista is reading this ...YOU NEED THIS GIRL !!!lol and as for meghans art well omgosh amazing she is one clever girl
big hugs sara x x x

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun this is just stunning your detail is just amazing,love your colouring which is fantastic,really hope you feel better soon hun,best of luck with the DT call hun,you are super talented,and would be a great asset to there team hugs Cherylxxxx

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi lovely, so sorry about your poor back :(
Your card is so beautiful! good luck Kat xxxx
Meghan is very talented!!
Love, Mel. xxx

Marjorie said...

Hi hun, Do hope you're back is easing up a little sending you hugs:) Your card is stunning, just love the big hair and beautiful tail,and your lovely butterfly border!!.. Here's hoping your dream come's true, can't see why not with this beautiful stunner!! Young Meghan's drawing is beautiful..a young artist in the making:)
Get well soon hun,
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Karen said...

Another fab card Kat, and what great colouring again, thanks for joining us at I ♥ proMarkers.
xx

coops said...

wow so stunning kat.love the gorgeous mermaid and fantastic colouring :D
your daughters drawing is brilliant,really fab :D

xx coops xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Wow that is one amazingly awesome card, good luck with the dt call. Your daughters artwork is amazing too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Pop's Cards said...

morning sweetie, this is gorgeous, I so love this image too, great colours hugs pops x

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Ally said...

o no, you poor thing! I know how it feels to have a sore back... I have a slipped disc and sometimes that hurts so much! Hope you feel better soon!
Your card is wonderful and you certainly would deserve to be in the team!
Wow, Meg is amazing!!!!!!!!! She should think about drawing more images which you could turn into digistamps LOL! And her colouring is amazing!
Hugs, Alessandra

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous card Kat - love your colouring on the hair. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.
Pauline x

Pami said...

Just beautiful Kat, love the image and pretty colours. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Craftroom this month, hope to see you again soon. Pami x