Followers

Thursday 5 January 2012

Saturated calendar



Afternoon everyone, hope you have all recovered from the festivities and are getting back to 'normal' life? My kids dont go back to school/nursery till monday and hubby is off till then too so Im not back into my routine yet.

 I have spent this morning having a major clearout of my craft cupboard so I will be listing loads of stuff later today and the next few days on ebay.

I did manage to get a little time last night to play with new christmas presents, but I am struggling big time with my crafty mojo at the moment, its taken up and left me, its probably to do with the time of year as it will be 2 years next thursday since Charlie died and I struggle to cope. So if I am not around much then you will know why.

But anyway the reason for todays post is to share what I made last night, as you probably know I am a huge fan of Krista Smiths saturated canary images and as I got a back to basics calendar for christmas I thought this would be perfect to make a saturated canary calendar. So last night I made the january page. I used Zorana a dancing gypsy, OMG her hair was amazing to colour and so was her dress. I coloured her with my new copics and I used a sheet of die cut 12 x 12 paper that I had in my stash.






You can just about see the gorgeous christmas card that my friend Sara sent me, I love it so much.
And please do not be fooled by how tidy my desk is, it is never like this for long!!



7 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Kat,
I love your calendar!
Your image is gorgeous, love her hair!!
Sending a big cyber hug to you. xxx
Mel.

sara said...

excuse me did you say you had lost your mojo !!!! certainly doesnt appear so !!! its beautiful kat love your colouring especially her hair its stunning i coloured her over christmas as well she's not made it onto a card yet tho !!
big hugs sara x x x x x

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, wonderful calender - I've got that digi as well, but am a bit intimidated by the colouring required and so she languishes in my hard drive!

I think your colouring is just fantastic - no sign of Mr Mojo deserting you to me! Great idea to make a calender as well.

So sorry to hear of the sad anniversary coming up for you. Sending hugs and thoughts your way.

Sarah

PS - I think I would've laughed at your Westie going for a fly around the garden as well (once I knew he was OK!).

Christine said...

Mine are still off too, Kat! Unfortunately hubby went back to work as of Monday, otherwise he could be the one to drive them here and there lol

Your calendar is gorgeous! Such beautiful colouring!

(((hugs)))

coops said...

fantastic card kat.wonderful colours and design and i love the image and her hair is amazing ;D

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat! Oh, wow did you ever do an amazing coloring job on her hair!! It just shines!! Lovely calendar! I pray you find your way through the emotional strain of the next few weeks with courage and the support of your loved ones! Hugs,Deena

Mel said...

Oh Kat
This is just stunning! What an amazing creation and beautiful wee calendar!
Bet every time you look at it you will be smiling!
Hugs M xx