Followers

Thursday 12 January 2012

My Precious son...


Two years ago today a part of my heart was broken as my much loved son Charlie passed away.
I am scheduling this post as I know I would be unable to write this through a blur of tears. I want to share a few photos of my 'cheeky Charlie buckets' and also a poem that was given to us in the days following his death, that means so much to as the words are just a perfect way to describe how Charlie felt. Please be warned if you are a an emotional wreck like me who can howl her way through films then you may need a tissue.
This is my way paying tribute to a very special boy who was sent here for a reason and was loved by many people.

Dont be Sad without me

I know your heart feels empty,
the pain seem hard to bear,
I know how much you miss me,
And I wish I was still there.

But dont be sad without me,
I dont want you to cry,
I never really left you,
And we never said goodbye.

My body wouldnt let me,
do the things that children do,
I didnt get to live the life,
that you wanted me to.

I am free from pain now,
And although I couldnt stay,
know that I am happy,
and run around and play

Cherish all the memories,
but dont let time stand still.
I'll always be beside you,
And know I always will

You know the day will come,
and you will see me again,
for now I'll live within your heart
and its there I will remain

So dont be sad without me,
for Im with you every day
And although you cannot see me,
I'm never far away












We  miss you so much Charlie buckets
xxx

19 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Loved the photos sweetie x x x

Unknown said...

Oh Kat, the poem is just so moving - and yes I'm sitting here in tears.

I can't even begin to understand the pain you are going through, but I do truly feel for you. It must be horrible to loose a child - I know parents who have and they say the pain never goes away it just diminishes over time.

It looks like your Charlie buckets was a right cheeky chappy and must have brought you so much joy in his life. Maybe that's a thought to hold onto?

Thinking of you,
Sarah

Lynne in NI said...

Oh that's so sad Kat, life can be so unfair. Sending big hugs, I'm sure this is a tough day for you and your family.

sara said...

a beautiful poem for a beautiful boy kat thinking of you my lovely friend
hugs sara x x x x x x x

Unknown said...

a beautiful, beautiful post, love. so sorry and sad for your loss...but feel so encouraged by your love and strength.

may God draw you especially close today.

hugs and kisses.

Kathryn said...

Hi Kat, yes the tissues are out, what a beautiful poem, and what lovely photos of your lovely boy K xx

Vicky said...

sending big hugs hunni...and such gorgeous pictures too hun..

love Vicky xx

Unknown said...

No words Kat...hugs are all I can send..thinking of you and your family. xxxx

Annette said...

A big hug to you on this day, Kat! This is a beautiful poem and I'm all in tears! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos of your lovely boy!
Thinking of you!
Hugs Annette

Fleur said...

A beautiful and meaningful poem Kat, Thank you for sharing photos of your precious boy. Thinking of you and your family
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

The poem is lovely and my thoughts are with you in this difficult time
Lindsay xx

Christine said...

(((Hugs))) to you and your family, Kat! I can't even imagine your pain. You are in my thoughts!

catherine said...

The poem is beautiful and my thoughts are with you at this difficult time. His photos are lovely
x catherine

Exclusively by Mel said...

Thinking of you today lovely.
Stay strong for your beautiful Boy.
Love, Mel. xxx

Joey said...

Kat my heart goes out to you, thankyou for sharing such precious pictures of your son with us. Big Big Hugs. Joey xxx

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

Big Cuddle being sent your way
from Chris x

Marjorie said...

Oh! hun, what a beautiful poem, and yes tissues are needed..What beautiful photos's, and what a character young Charlie looks, sending you big hugs and thank you for sharing such special moments.
Biggest of hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Karina said...

Big hugs to you, hun! I feel so sad when I read your post. You're in my thoughts on this heavy day! The pics of Charlie are so lovely, thank you so much for sharing them with us.
Much love and hugs, Karina

Ally said...

oh no, Kat, Sweetie, this is so hard for you and so hard to bear. My thoughts are with you, no words can make it better to you. I feel so sorry for your loss and I want to thank you for sharing these wonderful words and pics of your lovely Son with us. He is honored to have such a lovely Mum and you are honored that you could spend ten wonderful years with him. May you be touched with Gods hands now.
love, Alessandra