Followers

Wednesday 11 July 2012

A birthday card for my Mum..


Morning Lovelies, Hope you are all well.
 Thankfully I have finished my antibiotics and I am starting to feel better and much like my old self again. I wouldn't want to take those again in a hurry!!

I will be popping on throughout this week as its a special one for my family. My lovely mum is 80 this Saturday and my sister is throwing her a party. We are all going, I am the youngest of 5, there are 10 grandchildren and 3 great grandchildren. My mums 2 brothers and my Dads sister are hopefully all coming too, so I think it will be a fab day.

I am making cakes, birthday cards and her birthday cake so I will pop on to share some pics of these as and when they get done.

I don't need to worry about her seeing anything as she doesn't have internet access, (and doesn't want it, may I add!! lol)

So this first card I have to share is for my kids to give to their Gran.
My mum was a machinist at one time and when I saw this cute tilda with her sewing machine I knew it would be perfect for her.




card recipe
image - tilda with sewing machine
papers - maja designs shabby summer
flowers - wild orchid crafts
spools - tim holtz die cut
sewing machine - stamp from personal impressions
lace, seam binding and charm all from stash


14 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Yay glad you are feeling better Kat! A huge Happy Birthday to your mum and she will love this card...it is so beautiful! Love the sweet image and those spools are so cute :)

Marjorie said...

Oh! I just love this hunnie, what a gorgeous image...I bet your Mum will love this..
Glad to hear you are feeling a little better...Happy Birthday to your Mum for Saturday:)
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is gorgeous Kat..

hope you enjoy the celebrations.. its always nice to catch up and get all the family together.

Glad you are feeling better too.

Take Care
Kelly

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Kat. I love that image of Tilda and you have coloured her so beautifully. The embellishments and colours are gorgeous.
I hope you mum has a wonderful birthday with her family
Glad to hear you are starting to feel better
Hugs Sue

Jenny said...

What a beauty Kat. I love all the fab sewing embelishments you have added. So pretty. Hope you have a fab Birthday party with your Mum, sounds like a great family get together :-D Jenny x

Berry said...

Aww wow Kat I bet your mum loves this what a sweet image! I do hope the party is a big success and I'm glad you are feeling a bit better, can't wait to see the cake! Hugs rebekah xx

angelwhispers said...

So glad you are feeling much better Kat and wow what a superb card and a super image and detail! What a fabulous age for your Mum I hope she has a great birthday and really enjoys her party how super that you will all be together. Can't wait to see your photo's take care and happy baking! Love Chanelle xxx

caroline said...

wow Kat you card is stunning. i bet your mum loves it. Hope she has a great 80th birthday. Have a good celebration looks like there will be plenty there.
Its my 50th birthday on sunday. my 2 sons hubby and grandson have booked for all of us to go to centre parc's at whinfell near penrith from friday until monday so we to will be celebrating.
glad your feeling better.
caroline woodhall

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,
Oh wow that does sound like an amazing family get together; hope you'll have a lovely time! Your card sure is lovely and the theme is perfect for your mum.

Hugz,
Sandy

cheryl said...

oh wow Hun happy birthday to your mum and as for your card wow its simply stunning,the layout is amazing,and the detail and all the embellishments are fantastic she will adore this too bits,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Christine said...

Gorgeous 80th card for your mum Kat..how appropriate & clever to use the sewing Tilda..I'd love to know the name etc. of the sewing machine stamp plz?? Happy Birthday to your mum hope the family gathering goes well.

smiles Christine x

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet image and fab layout, love it!
Helen x

Unknown said...

How fabulous Kat I hope your mum had a fabulous birthday party , im glad you are feeling better now and can enjoy too. What a super card I love the image and your design is fabulous Hugs Elaine

coldwaters2 said...

Wow, wow, wow Kathleen this is awesome I love that image of Tilda also the wonderful flowers and sewing embellishments, top notch card.
Hugs
Lorraine x