Followers

Sunday 29 July 2012

Many thanks...


Hi lovelies, no card to share today I just wanted to pop on and let you know where I have been for the past week.

With Charlie's birthday this week it already was a difficult week for me and I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to everyone who left me such caring and lovely words. I had a good old cry when I was reading them, you are all so lovely, I feel very lucky to have such wonderful friends.

The man reason I haven't been around and visiting you is because I have been poorly since the early hours of Wednesday morning. I woke up with a sore throat that as the day progressed, it got  so much worse. By 7pm I had to go to the hospital after calling nhs 24. I was seen by a Doctor who diagnosed tonsillitis. She gave me antibiotics and painkillers.

By Thursday morning after a terrible night I awoke to feeling so awful I couldn't get out of bed, I had a fever, vomiting, sore ear, swollen neck due to swollen glands, chills etc.
My hubby came home from work and took me to the doctor again, she was concerned my throat was so swollen I could barely swallow plus she wanted to do checks to make sure it wasn't meningitis. She was worried that the spots on my throat would get worse and that I would need to admitted into hospital. I said i didnt want to go just yet and she gave me 6 (!) different meds to take to fight the infection. 
So I am feeling better gradually day by day but still not quite back to my normal self. Just getting tired very easily.

But I do have some wonderful news to share with you, I got an email on Friday that cheered me up so much I burst into tears! (happy ones lol)

The email was from the lovely Karen at MDUC asking me if I wanted to stay on as a permanent DT member after my 2 months as GDT.
As many of you will know I am a huge fan of their challenges and I tried to enter as often as I could, So my my answer was a resounding YES PLEASE!!!!

So I am happy to announce I am part on the Magnolia Down Under family.

Huge thank yous go to Karen, Kylie and Debbie P, you made my week XXX

Hopefully I will get around to visit you all soon

23 comments:

cheryl said...

oh Hunny so sorry you have been so poorly bless your heart sounds awful glad you are feeling a bit better now,well done on your new DT Hun,so so well deserved as you are so so talented take care Hun,hugs Cherylxxxx

Jenny said...

Oh poor you lovely. What a week! Well done on your new DT post. You are super talented, so no wonder they wanted you on the team full time. I am looking forward to seeing your MDUC DT work too :-) Take care Jenny x

Inky Angel said...

Kay,
So sorry to hear you were so sick. Congrats on your DT spot at MDUC. I adore your work, your creations inspire me. Have a great week.
Hugs,
Katie

Sue said...

Oh poor you Kat, I do hope that you are feeling loads better soon.
Big Congratulations on being a full time DT member at MDUC, VERY well deserved too - they are lucky to have you!

Take care
Hugs Sue

Becky said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better hun, And, a HUGE congratulations on your new DT spot, MDUC is a great challenge blog.
Hugs,
Bex xx

Ally said...

Oh no, you poor thing! So sorry that you feel poorly, get well soon! Sending you the biggest of all hugs on earth!
Muah :****
Alessandra

Sharon said...

Tonsillitis is terrible Kat. So sorry to hear about your health issues. Praying the meds will help. Big hugs Sharon xx Congrats on the permanent DT spot. They are lucky to have you.

Christina C. said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery and BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your new DT position..... a well deserved honor!

Laine said...

Hi Kat,
What a time you have had. Hope you continue to improve and Get Well Soon. Congratulations on your DT post. I am not surprised as your work is fabulous. Look after yourself.
Hugs
Laine
X

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh that's glorious news Kat!!! About the DT spot, not the sickies...LOL. Congratulations to you and I pray that the meds work and you can start cranking out more fabulous cards in your permanent position. WOO HOO. :)

Kim said...

sounds like you've had a stinker of a week and do hope that things improve for you this week! and fantastic news from MDU to help your recovery lol!
Kim x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Oh Kat, so sorry to hear you have been so poorly. glad you are starting to feel a bit better now..

You good news is fab, congratulation, very well deserved..

Take Care

Hugs Kelly

Shannon83k said...

Congrats on becoming DT! Hope you feel completely back to your self soon.

May said...

Bless you - you have had a week and a half... glad you are on the mend.. take it easy... great news on the DT Front... you deserve some good news... Big Hugs May x x x

Lisa Jane said...

oh you poor thing .. i bet it was really painful. Luckily i had my tonsils out when i was 4.
Glad to hear you are recovering and getting stronger
Well done you on the DT too... glad you ended the week on a positive
Lisa x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Kathleen I am so sorry that you have been so unwell it must have been a dreadful time for you I am so glad to hear that the med's are working and that you are gaining strength each day. Congratulations on your permanent DT role it is so well deserved.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey said...

So sorry to hear about your infection!! Glad to hear that hubby took you back to the doctor when things got sao much worse. Wow, that was a close one hun!
Congrats on your MDUC DT position, whoot! Whoot!! Way to go!
Big hugs ;)

coops said...

aw you sound really poorly kat.do take it easy and hopefully all those meds will do their job.
Huge congrats on your DT news too :D

xx coops xx

caroline said...

so sorry to hear how poorly you have been, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better now, take care of your self.
so glad to hear of your good news, you are so talanted and an inspiration to us all, you will fit straight in.

love and hugs
caroline woodhall x

Judie said...

Oh Kat, I do hope you are better.Take care.

Judie

Marjorie said...

Oh Kat! You poor thing, do hope the meds are kicking in now and that you are feeling a little better..So happy for you on your new DT Post..so well deserved your work is always stunning! Take care hunnie and TRY to relax a little :)
Big hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Kat,
Sorry to hear about your infection; seems to have been a really nasty one. I've just taken a look at the pics of Charlie below. Again; I'm so sorry for your loss, but he seems to have been a happy little boy during the time he was with you, and he'll always be in your memory & heart.

Congrats on the MDUC position; you totally belong on that team!

Hugz,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Well done on being a down under DT member Kat ,well deserved , but you didn't deserve to be so poorly.
I am so sorry you have had such a bad time I hope things improve soon , Big hugs for now Elaine