Followers

Thursday 12 July 2012

A tale of two queens!...

Hi Lovelies, I am taking a little break from making flowers for my mums cake and just thought I would pop on to share this card that I made and also some photos Meghan took last week.

As the title says this post is about 2 queens! One being our very own lovely monarch and the other being the equally regal The Queen by Krista Smith!

First of all, last Thursday the Queen, Prince Philip, William and Kate and Princess Anne were all in Edinburgh for a special ceremony and for a parade down the royal mile. This was all part of the Jubilee celebrations. We decided to go through and see the parade and hopefully get a glimpse of the Queen too. I never thought in million years we would get so close. We had a fabulous spot and saw the royals up close as they passed in their cars.

This is looking down the Royal Mile towards the Scottish Parliament. The parade was made up of 400 pipers and drummers and highland dancers.


The Queen and Prince Philip



William and Kate. We never got a good photo of Princess Anne as her car was going quite fast.

And here is the other Queen! 




Ah well back to the grindstone! still got about 30 flowers to make, vanilla cupckakes and peanut butter cupcakes and caramel shortcake, plus I need to finish her present and my card!! I need about 10 pairs of hands to help!!!
I will catch up with you all as soon as I can, I have been neglecting my commenting something awful recently, I am so sorry to all my lovely followers, you all do mean the world to me :o)

xxx



15 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Kat gorgeous card love the image which you have coloured beautifully and the layout is fabulous. Caroline xx

Sue said...

WOW! Such wonderful photos, the pictures of the Queen are really clear and the one of Kate is fabulous.
Your card is stunning, I love the image and the colours are so beautiful.
All the best
Hugs Sue

Christina C. said...

Oh my word, thank you for treating us to those wonderful pictures of the Queen! She looks beautiful!!!
I also adore Krista's beautiful image, colored and showcased magnificently! Your designs are always superb and you always have the most breathtaking elements on your creations. Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

Awesome colouring Kat wonderful design love it..fab pics of HRH..

smiles Christine x

angelwhispers said...

What fabulous pictures of the Queen and Kate you really had got a fabulous spot. Loving the card Kat the image is beautiful and loving the detail. Oh dear my mouth was drooling reading the list of cakes, good luck with the flowers! Chanelle xxx

Unknown said...

Wow Kathleen how fabulous to see the queen and your cards is sensational well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, so sorry I've not been by (again!) for ages - I've missed such gorgeous cards.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and what wonderful pictures! I've never been closer to the Royals than putting a stamp on an envelope and there you are rubbing shoulders with them!!! Lucky you!!!

Sounds like your mum is going to have a wonderful birthday party. My hubby's dad recently had his 86 birthday and he doesn't have internet access - he's not very up with 'new' gadgets, still doesn't understand where Ceefax has gone off the telly either! He calls the internet that fax screen thing.

Hope you have a good rest of the week and I'm going to really try to pop by more often.

Sarah

sallysbitz2 said...

WOW Kat, you really did get a birds eye view of the Queen x
Looks like it was a lovely day too.

Your card is Gorgeous. Loving that lace & image is coloured perfectly x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Kat! Love your coloring! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

Jenny said...

How amazing to be that close and your photos capture that excitement so well.
And your Queen is simply stunning too. x

Sharon said...

Thanks for sharing these awesome pics of the Royal family Kat. Something to treasure. Your card is fabulous. Love that doily, where did you get the square one? hugs Sharon x

Unknown said...

Fabulous Photo's Kat well done . Your card is fantastic what a super image and your colouring is superb well done Hugs Elaine

Teresa said...

Great piccys Kat and a gorgeous card too. xxx

Marjorie said...

What lovely photo's hun...and such a gorgeous card too!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous pictures of the Royals but the star of this post has to be your beautiful card. The image and design look amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x