Followers

Saturday 27 August 2011

Christmas card and an accident!..


Hi everyone, what a horrible day it is here, I dont think it could rain any heavier, it is just pouring at the moment, really miserable. Which is just how I feel too :-(
 I dislocated my knee and now have my leg all strapped up in what I can only describe as some sort of torture device!! and I have to use crutches. Ive to rest it and go and see the orthopaedic doctors on monday. Its not the first time that Ive done this, it was a regular event in my teens as I have hypermobilty syndrome, but its the first time ive done it for 20 years. On the bright side though I can sit and make cards while I rest it.
Yaaaay, always look for a silver lining!! lol
Anyway enough of my whinging, let me show you todays card. Ive finally got round to making my first Christmas card and using my very first digi stamp!




Ive used promarkers to colour it in, I was a bit concerned about the printer ink but it seems ok so Im off to look for more digi stamps, well theres nothing else I can do!!lol

Card recipe,
Image - wee stamps, winter fairy,
flowers - WOC
Medium - promarkers
ribbon - the ribbon girl
snowflake - whimsy die
papers - not sure, had them a few years
snowflake charm - ebay


Thanks for popping by and I really appreciate all your comments
x



6 comments:

Miss StampAlot said...

You did great on you`re first digi, this card is perfect =) I love the glitter effect on her fuhr and wings !


Many, many hugs from Marielle

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, firstly huge congrats on the DT place - I'm sure you'll have great fun and your cards are sure to inspire loads. Secondly, ouuuch - the knee sounds so painful! I'm such a wimp when it comes to pain - never been in Hospital (apart from maternity for my c-section) and never had any breaks! Hope the knee recovers soon. Great card and first attempt with a digi - I'm getting slightly addicted to them myself, there are so many out there. Depending on your tastes - try Pollycrafts, The Clipart Fairy, teddybo and I love Tiddly Inks - they are just so varied! Cheerio, Sarah

Lynne said...

Wow! your card is gorgeous, fabulous colours and lovely embellies.

Hope the knee is better soon.

Love Lynne xx

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the knee...I think the best therapy has to be crafting don't you!!!!

Love the card too...great news on the DT. xxx

Judie said...

Hi Kat.
Sorry about the knee, but you can sit and create other wonderful creations like this one.
Awesome card, love the sparkle of her fur.

Judie

Vicky said...

Such a gorgeous card Kat...and so beautifully coloured too hun....and I'm very sorry to hear about your knee too....hope it's better soon sweetie..

big hugs Vicky xx