Followers

Monday 1 August 2011

Shabby chic...

Hello hope you are all well? Not so nice here again today but boy is it warm! Think we may be having some thunder storms soon, which is a nightmare as my westie bobby hates them, he howls and tries to find somewhere to hide, dont blame him really!

It may not be sunny outside here but Ive got a lovely summery card to share today, which is also quite shabby chic in style, my favourite. Ive used a pretty sitting Tilda and her car, she looks like she is just trying to decide where to head off for a day of fun. The paper ive used is vintage whimsy by the girls paperie called cottage vine. Its just gorgeous. Ive cut out the bunting with a whimsy stamps die, I love this, Im always trying to find an excuse to use it lol!! I was actually thinking yesterday when I was making it, I could make a little bunting strip to hang along the montitor of the computer!! not sure if OH would like it but I would !
Ive also used a magnolia swirl and just a few roses and a cherry blossom. A lot less embellishments than I would normally use but I really wanted the paper to be seen.






Hope you like it.
Also wanted to say a huge thank you to my newest followers, I hit the 30 mark today so am very pleased indeed!! lol !!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges,
divas by design - summer




11 comments:

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Kat,
I love your card!
So very pretty. That die is gorg!
Poor Bobby, bless him xx
Love, Mel. xx

sara said...

love it kat so pretty i have been drooling over those papers for ages must be good tho 2 pads of maja design 6x6 pads fell in my basket today shhhhhhhhsh !!! by the way just seen you won at deep ocean whooooop whooooop !!!
hugs sara x x x

Judie said...

Hi Kat,
This is a really cute card, love the bunting and the other embellies. Great work. Hope your weather improves.

Judie

Unknown said...

Hi Kat, wow such a pretty card - love it! The papers are just gorgeous. Thanks for following me back, looking forward to mooching through your blog and beautiful cards. Sarah P.S. I my daughter is full of cheek - she is my cheeky monkey as I keep telling her and is 4 going on 18! Sarah

karenw said...

This is gorgeous Kat! Love that die and it would look very funky on the monitor - don't take no for an answer!! xx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I Simply LOVE the banner! This is a terrific summer time image! Thanks so much for joining us at Diva's by Design this time, good luck and come back next time!
Hugs
Tammy Louise xx

You're invited to join in on my blogversary candy if you collect till 8-30! Good Luck :)

Vicky said...

Such a beauty hun...!

thanks for joining us at Divas....and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

Julie's Blog said...

I've just discovered your wonderful blog and cards from many hours of blog hopping .... This card is absolutely gorgeous and I just love how Tilda is perched on her car lol. I've become a follower of your blog and I have to say that its's nice to find someone who uses prismas to colour instead of copics, promarkers etc to colour. Looking forward to many gorgeous creations. Julie ....

paper fun said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love your banner and of course, your Tilda sitting on her convertible.

Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a beautiful Vintage card, love the colour choice, thank you for sharing with us at OSCC. Janet

Shelley said...

Oh wow this is so cute. Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx